Many people dream of attending the Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany. Unfortunately, not everyone can travel out to Europe to get the experience. However, there are cities all over the world that celebrate Oktoberfest in their own way including Harrodsburg, KY.
Read on to find out about the excitement Harrodsburg has to offer.
About Oktoberfest Harrodsburg
Oktoberfest Harrodsburg takes place over the course of a weekend in late September or early October. The 2022 event started on September 30 to and ended on October 2.
The event is sponsored by the Harrodsburg First Main Street Program and is the biggest Oktoberfest in Central Kentucky. It draws over 15,000 people to the downtown area. It offers great food, live music, and family fun.
Events and Activities
Here are the events and activities you can enjoy at Oktoberfest Harrodsburg:
• Live Music: The event has two stages featuring live music performances from artists representing a variety of genres including reggae, rock, soul, funk, bluegrass, 80’s hits and more.
• Kinderland Kids’ Zone: This Kids’ Zone is for children aged 4-11. It offers crafts, games, and story time with Miss Kentucky. The area is gated and provides a secure check in and check out.
• Kids’ Inflatable Park: The Kids’ Inflatable Park offers bounce houses, obstacle courses and interactive games. It also hosts a cornhole tournament, family games, and trivia.
• Arts and Crafts Vendors: Arts and crafts vendors will be selling a variety of unique items.
• Adult Games: Adults can participate in a variety of games including cornhole, giant Jenga, Dominos, Connect Four, and more.
Brewers will be on hand serving up a variety of terrific beer.
Things to Do in Harrodsburg
Here are some things you can do in Harrodsburg when you are not out enjoying Oktoberfest.
• Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill: Shaker Village is a National Historic Landmark and home to an extensive collection of historic buildings.
• Old Fort Harrod State Park: The State Park is a prime destination for hiking, fishing, and picnicking. It also features historic sites like the Pioneer Cemetery and Martin’s Station Log House.
• Devine’s Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch: The maze is made up of ten acres of corn. Other attractions on the site include a zipline, wagon rides, a petting zoo, and a corn cannon.
• Rags to Riches Antique Mall: The Antique Mall is a great place to find items like furniture, glassware, China, linens, jewelry, and more.
• Historic Harrodsburg Downtown: The downtown area is full of shops, restaurants, and historic landmarks.
• Anderson Dean Community Park: The Community Park provides a playground, volleyball courts, softball fields, tennis courts and more.
• Lemons Mill Brewery: The Lemons Mill Brewery serves a variety of handcrafted beers and food items.
• Kentucky Bourbon Trail: The Kentucky Bourbon Trail takes you through a collection of breweries and offers tours and tastings.
• Highway Route 68 Overlook: The Highway Route 68 Overlook offers a terrific view of the Kentucky countryside.
• Ragged Edge Theatre: The Ragged Edge Theatre is a great place to see a show. Find out what’s going on when you’re in the area.
If you are unable to attend the Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany, Harrodsburg offers the ideal alternative. There are so many interesting things to see and do. Will you be attending the event for the coming year?
Read more of A Christmas Blog or Shop Now at Schmidt Christmas Market
#Oktoberfest #Harrodsburg #Schmidt #Christmas #Market